CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Help Chile -- Buy Wine!

Just a quick post to point out that there's a great way for wine lovers to help Chile in the wake of the recent 8.8 quake -- buy some Chilean vino. Check out this link for recommendations (or read my Chile post -I'm still dreaming about the Morandé Sauv Blanc and Pinot Noir). It's estimated that the country (the world's 4th largest wine producer) lost between 12.5 and 20% of its cellared wine. For more details on the damage, read this good article from the Washinton Post.

While Argentina (and the rising popularity of Malbec) has threatened to eclipse Chile's wine star, I much prefer Chilean bottles, especially those from the cool climate area of Casablanca Valley, where I tasted. So help out los vinateros chilenos and buy some of their delicious offerings. That's what I call a win-win situation!

1 comments:

B said...

Your blog needs an update. Write more